Zoom Facebook Photos by Mouseover

(Friday, June 11, 2010)

Facebook. Almost every living creature on this planet has one. It has become so popular nowadays that it has started to become like an international identity card. I gotta say I love Facebook for the many applications and the user friendly interface. However, viewing the images is horrendously troublesome and time consuming. I don't like the repeating process of having need to click in to people's profile, then photos section, then album, then pictures, bla bla bla just to get its original photo. And those thumbnails on Facebook wall are so tiny that I had to squint. What I'm trying to say is, it's bad. Why can't it just pops up in its original form when I mouseover it? Now, THAT is convenience.
Luckily, I found this nifty little extension for Google Chrome or add-on for Firefox that does the work for me. It actually originated from Google Chrome but someone converted it to the Firefox platform.

Facebook Photo Zoom

All you have to do is to go here for Google Chrome or here for Firefox. Not sure if it's available for IE or any other browsers but frankly, IE sucks. I don't use it so I don't bother. As for other browsers, maybe you can try googling it.

As for those of you who's not too sure how to do it. Here's how:

How to (for Google Chrome):

  1. Go here.
  2. Click Install.
  3. Click Install when the confirmation box pops up.
  4. You don't have to restart your browser. That's one good thing about Chrome. No restart required after installation or uninstallation of its extension. But probably you have to refresh your facebook.
How to (for Firefox):

  1. Go here.
  2. Click on Add to Firefox.
  3. Click on Install Now after the security 3 seconds countdown finishes.
  4. Restart Firefox and you're done.
There. Convenience at hands.

Update:
Facebook Photo Zoom has changed its name to FB Photo Zoom.

Posted by Wai Kit at 10:57 AM

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I guess you'll want to place a twitter icon to your blog. I just marked down this url, although I had to complete this manually. Simply my 2 cents.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Do not quite understand what is at stake.

  3. Wai Kit Says:

    Nothing is at stake, only more convenience.

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds. Wai Kit Says logo designed by Wai Yen.